Thursday 7 January 2016

How a man’s inspiring New Year message on Facebook became his last

Matthew DeRemer/ Facebook
Matthew DeRemer/ Facebook
What if the message you post on Facebook saying, “I really don’t know where I end up tonight but I do know where I windup is where I meant to be” turns out to be your last message? This is exactly what happened with Matthew DeRemer, a 31-year-old from Seminole, Florida.
Matthew DeRemer with his family. He died on New Year's Eve.
Matthew DeRemer with his family. He died on New Year's Eve.
Matthew DeRemer served in the United States Marine Corps until 2010, when he became a personal trainer, then a surgical technologist.
Matthew DeRemer served in the United States Marine Corps until 2010, when he became a personal trainer, then a surgical technologist.
On New Year’s Eve, at around 8pm, DeRemer’s vehicle collided with Steven Lee Clarke’s who was driving under the influence of alcohol leaving motorcyclist DeRemer dead, reports Tampa Bay Times. Clarke was arrested by Florida Highway Patrol.
Little did DeRemer know that the last day of 2015 would also be the last day of his life. He wrote a Goodbye 2015 message on Facebook, which stands testimony to his last words to family and friends where he narrated how his year went by and how he is ready to take up challenges in the coming year. Along with that, a picture saying, “We are born in one day. We die in one day. We can change in one day. And we can fall in love in one day. Anything can happen in just one day.” How ironic, isn’t it?

Last day of 2015!!!! For me I'll be meditating through all I do, on this entire year. I've lost, I've gained, family is...


In the comments section, DeRemer even wrote his agenda for the next year.
matt

Matthew DeRemer was riding his motorcycle about 8 p.m. on Thursday when he was struck by a vehicle driven by 59-year-old Steven Lee Clarke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You. ^ _ ^